Friday, June 18, 2010

In Transition




We're moving. We're moving from a 63-year-old house to a 150-year-old house--with no closets. In between packing a ton (literally, according to the movers) of books and trying to figure out where I'm going to stash my wool, I'm starting this blog. I'll document the move and the probable renovation and talk about what I'm knitting and designing and cooking and thinking.
During this transition, which is both physically and emotionally draining, I find that all I feel up to knitting is socks. They're small and portable and soothing. I can follow someone else's pattern and feel that I'm actually in control and accomplishing something. There isn't much time to knit, but just sitting down for a few minutes here and there and especially at bedtime is keeping the moving insanity at bay. Last weekend I finished Evelyn A. Clark's "Waving Lace Socks" from Interweave's "Favorite Socks". The yarn is Sirdar's Baby Cashmere Merino Silk 4-ply. They're folded now and ready for packing.