Sunday, March 6, 2011

More Handwork

A couple of months ago I had my purse stolen (a stupid story I won't get into). The problem wasn't that I lost my cards ( fortunately, only my Canadian set, not my American ones) since they were easily replaced. The real tragedy was that I lost my 2-year-old alpaca silk handknitted gloves. Big sigh! It's taken me a while, but I've finally replaced them with a new pair of merino gloves. 

 
 "Strata" gloves from Robin Melanson's "Knitting New Mittens and Gloves" in Mission Falls 136 Superwash Merino.
It's been a week of knitting for hands. Isabel, who will turn 19 next Saturday, has requested a pair of "Shirl's Mittlets". Here they are so far.






We went shopping in the stash and she chose Knitpicks Gloss (merino and silk fingering weight) in "bordeaux". I think she's going to like them a lot.