Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Au Revoir

A day of packing, checking road maps, and making stew to leave behind for the family. I've already explained to them that I expect to find the house in immaculate condition when I return (a forlorn hope, but I have to try). The dawn was gorgeous, with the trees lit by a golden glow against grey clouds.


We're due for some cold weather by Saturday so I'm packing a stack of sweaters to wear at KnitEast. The drive through upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine to St. Andrews, New Brunswick should be lovely so long as it doesn't rain the whole way. Janie and I intend to stay overnight here. I won't be able to blog while away since I don't have a laptop (I know, hard to believe I use an 8-year-old desktop clunker). Until next week...
Addendum: Just now, while polishing one of my favourite earrings, I dropped it down the heating vent in the bathroom. Gone forever probably. Crap.