Thursday, December 1, 2011

When Will This End?


Day three of this horrid cold and my head still feels as though it's stuffed with cotton wool, or perhaps concrete--my brain feels miserably sluggish. I don't feel like tackling anything taxing, so to amuse myself this morning I played with some of the charts from this little gem.
This has been a favourite of mine for years. It's not really an instruction book so much as a design source for exceptionally delightful charted patterns. I can remember using it as inspiration for a design class I took years ago in Bethesda, MD, with Debbie Bliss. It hasn't lost its charm.
I'm thinking about making a fairisle vest (steeked) with some Kauni yarn I've ordered in these colourways.

Russets
Deep Sea
I'm also waiting to receive a yarn shipment for a cardigan I'll be working on frantically over the next few weeks for a photo in an online publication. Very exciting. Wish I could show it to you, but it'll have to wait.