Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sooo Much Better

The fair isle vest, version 2.0 is in hand. I re-wound the Kauni into two wheels--the blue going from dark to light and the red vice versa. And I replaced my second motif with one that is more similar in style to the first. Here's where things stand as of this afternoon. Pardon the crappy photos; we're in the midst of a gale with blowing snow and even though it's 3 o'clock, it looks more like dusk.



It's hard from these shots to take in the differences, but trust me, it's all so much better. I'm toying with the idea of calling it the Trellis Vest. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed relating to my husband the account of your husband's reaction to ripping out a knitting project. He (my husband) suggested other terms in addition to psychic income: 'creative destruction' and, from a lawyer's vocabulary, reorganization' (like doing a chapter 13 on one's knitting). And I think version 2 is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a former lawyer, I appreciate your husband's view of things. I know, from Bill's time at the IMF and World Bank that not all economists have his attitude. Some of them even try to put a value on "unpaid work" (which is what I seem to have been doing for most of the last 20 years). Glad you like the vest.

      Delete