Monday, April 30, 2012

Third Sock Syndrome

Finished the first knot stitch sock last night. Here it is:


Then I started thinking that I should have done a 1x1 ribbing at the top, and that led to thoughts that a tubular ribbing might be even nicer, so I've ended up starting the second sock with tubular 1x1 ribbing. I like Ysolda Teague's method best, shown here.


If I like this sock better, then I have enough wool to knit a third !!! sock to match it. Yes, sometimes I wonder about my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're crazy, but I do like a tubular edging. I'm working a tubular cast off at the moment.

    Say, you could always snip the top of the first sock & do a tubular cast off - then you wouldn't have to knit a whole other sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought of the cut-off and pick up solution, but I've already decided that the tubular look doesn't work for this sock. Still have to decide whether to go with 1x1 or 2x2 ribbing, though.

    ReplyDelete