Friday, December 14, 2012

Call Me Old-Fashioned

We haven't yet put up our Christmas tree. I like to hold off until the 15th, and then leave it up until Jan.6. Call me old-fashioned. The knitting is coming along nicely on schedule, especially since I discovered "Classic Video", a fantastic shop that's been practically under my nose since we moved to Kingston. Not sure how I managed to miss it until now. American readers will probably be unaware that we don't have the same access to video material here in Canada. Our version of Netflix has a truly pathetic collection on offer (due to extremely restrictive rights) and we are geo-blocked from receiving PBS and other US networks directly (even though I can practically see the US across the water!) So, having relatively inexpensive videos available makes the holiday knitting much easier. Sorry, I can't show anything at this point or the secrets-in-progress might get out.
We still don't have any snow, but after 16 years in Washington, DC I've got past any need/desire for the white stuff to put me in the holiday spirit. Maybe I even like a green Christmas so long as there's some holly and ivy. As a knitting substitute, here are glimpses of my neighbourhood to set the mood.

The house we're buying decked with a pretty wreath.
Skaters at the City Hall rink.
Towers and domes.
Tomorrow we'll put up the tree.

2 comments:

  1. You might look into a VPN, which would allow you to use the Internet as though you were somewhere else (such as in the USA).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've done that in the past and need to get hooked up with it again--before Downton Abbey Season 3!

      Delete