Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rustic

I've been wanting to knit a pair of rustic, thick, cushy socks to wear inside boots or around the house in place of slippers. Yesterday I cast on for a pair, and this morning I finished up the first one.


The yarn is Cascade 220 Heathers in #4011, a grey with a very slight greenish cast. The shade has a lot of depth, but it's not coming across very well in these photos. The horseshoe cable surrounded by seed stitch is the same one I used in the Murray Jacket (still to be written up).



I chose to bring the cable around the ankle, with the decreases on top of the foot and the ribs coming together on the instep, like this.


What a great go-together with the BT hat I finished up yesterday!


I need to run out now and purchase a second skein to finish the pair.