Sunday, May 26, 2013

Undone

After knitting a right half and a left half of Harriet's Jacket, each slightly different, I spent the early part of this evening frogging everything. I avoided doing it in Bill's presence; for some reason he finds the undoing of several days of work mildly upsetting! Here you see the equivalent of 10 balls of wool, re-wound, with just two cuffs left on the needles.


I used the word "equivalent" since some of the balls were spit-spliced together while others were broken up during the knitting. At any rate, it's all back to almost the beginning again. There was a time when I wouldn't have bothered doing this. Each of the halves I had knitted was OK, after all. The thing is that the more I design, the more willing I seem to be to re-work pieces until they're more than merely OK. I want them to be as perfect as can be, and far from being a chore, the re-working is part of the fun. Now I know exactly how to make the next version the best, and I can't wait to get going.