The lower "skirt" was a bit longer, and the shape of the lower hem was less angled, but it is essentially the same idea. What is significant is that I made a note on the page about the buttons--"These are important". Somehow, in the process of knitting a second version of the jacket, I had forgotten that. Then I realized it and at the same time knew that none of the buttons I auditioned in my earlier post was "important" enough. Nothing I had was right. So, I did what I've done before. I stopped by the little wool shop three blocks from my front door and there they were.
These are larger than the others I looked at, and I admit to stretching the buttonholes a little bit to make them fit. In the written pattern I'll include a couple of sizes of buttonhole. Having options is good.
In case anyone wonders why I chose a relatively plain yarn (Elann's Peruvian Highland Chunky) for this version for myself, it's because I wanted a photo that would show the stitch texture and direction.
And you can't even see the trash bins leaning against the wall where I took this!