Monday, August 12, 2013

In Vogue

I'm in Vogue Knitting! I'm amazed and delighted to have made it into a magazine I've been reading since the 1980s. (Remember the "Out of Africa" spring/summer issue? The big shoulders? The even bigger hair? The articles by Elizabeth Zimmermann?) Lee Ann Dalton, who writes the "Made in Canada" column wrote to me a while back to ask if I'd do an interview, and the fruits of her labours are now on view in the Fall, 2013 issue, available for mobile devices now, but available at newsstands only the first week of September. I don't have a tablet (am I the only person without one?), but I do have an I-pod (mostly for listening to audiobooks), so I downloaded the magazine and had a look on my itty-bitty screen. This is the featured photo,


and it's accompanied by some very kind sentences about my approach to sweater design. To be described as a "fresh face" at the age of 56 is definitely smile-worthy. Thanks so much, Lee Ann.