Monday, August 25, 2014

Inverness Gloves: Out of the Mouths of Babes

You can pretty much always count on the truth from your own kids, even when they're not kids anymore. As I was admiring my new wool/silk glove, I casually thrust it in front of James, who was caught unawares in the middle of a bacon and tomato sandwich. "I don't like it," he blurted out. "Why?" I asked. "It's the colour", he replied, while mayonnaise dripped onto his plate. "It's terracotta", I explained. "No it isn't," he insisted. "It's OLD LADY PINK". Horrors! No wonder it never looked good in photos. So, first thing tomorrow I'm off to the wool shop to locate the right colour, or at least a better one.  Perhaps I'll take James along with me (or not). Pattern writing in progress. Test knitters abound. See you later.

3 comments:

  1. But ... they are so pretty. I guess I am considered an old woman. I don't claim to be a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the colour in the thumb weaving photo but side with James if it's closer to the other photos you've posted. Love the pattern though, and look forward to knitting my first pair of gloves, so inspired am I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! It takes just one comment and then that project is over. Your glove looks great!

    ReplyDelete