Sunday, January 4, 2015

Beguiled

Environment Canada surely delivered--here's the view out the window this morning with everything under a light coating of ice. Good thing we don't need groceries.



This is a day to make soup, drink tea, and finish up the hat I cast on after dinner yesterday.

Before casting off,

After casting off, tassel added....

Blocking.
The yarn is Quince's Puffin in "Bird's Egg", knitted on 6.5mm at 3 stitches per inch. This was a top-down knit (the successful conclusion of an earlier less successful experiment). Why top down? I like the shape of the top, neither flat, nor peaked, and I love the beguiling way that the top-down format lets you sneak into the knitting, allowing you to feel that you really haven't embarked on anything much at all until suddenly, you have a whole hat ready to take outside into the January chill.

6 comments:

  1. I love the top and shape of your new hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hats. The yarn looks nice and cushy. I'm behind on my blog reading so CONGRATS on beginning your book. I look forward to it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your hat pattern will be available in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, the hat will be in my book. You're right; it's highly wearable and it's all I can do to keep myself from wearing it out the door. Unfortunately, that's the price of doing a book--the knits have to remain fresh!

      Delete
    2. Cool, Elizabeth, just cool. And congratulations on writing a book!
      I look forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Very wearable and looks like a fun, quick knit.

    ReplyDelete