Friday, September 11, 2015

Exuberance

I met up with Cheryl (of Little Church Knits and a designer in her own right) at Rosehaven Yarns this afternoon, where she was unpacking skeins of Quince and Co yarns and displaying them in the shop shelving. She had agreed to model my Glenora cardigan, coming to Ravelry later this weekend.









I love seeing the cardigan worn with such exuberance by a woman close to my own age. Thanks Cheryl!

View from the Glenora ferry landing across the Bay of Quinte to Adolphustown on my way home.


6 comments:

  1. I like the first shot showing her braid and the matching cable down the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It was totally accidental. We had only a few minutes to get the photos done, and I took about fifty pics with my new smartphone, hoping to get one or two good shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the pattern. Loveky scenery in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's out today. Check Ravelry's most viewed patterns page--it's on p1 already!

      Delete
    2. I downloaded this on Ravelry (and thanked you there). I haven't read the pattern yet. I'm 5'10" and this looks like a short sweater. Will it disrupt the design to add about 4 inches to the length? It's so pretty but will the change make it flair out too much?

      Delete
    3. It's true that Cheryl and I are both on the short side, but there are instructions about where to add length (after the short rows in the back and before you join in the sleeves). Don't try to change the upper body; there's too much happening there, and unless you are prepared to deal with a lot of math, you could get into trouble. Make sure you check the schematic to make sure the upper body will fit and adjust below the underarms for length. Hope this helps.

      Delete