Sunday, September 6, 2015

That Buttonbox Girl

Just skyped with Isabel, who told me that the graduate student mentor assigned to her is a knitter who recognized her as the Buttonbox model.

 

Good to know there are knitters out west!

P.S. FYI, the above pic was taken with almost gale-force winds blowing in off Lake Ontario. If the right side of Isabel's collar looks as though it's not staying down, it's because the wind was pushing it forward. Same goes for her hair. The Shelter yarn used for this project moulds beautifully when wet-blocked, and the collar normally stays folded perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice vest ! I just have spun the wool from a black sheep (that has turn out in a beautiful brown-grey) with the same gauge, and I am eagerly to knit with it. A vest/gilet is not the first item to think about for me. But seeing it on the lovely Isabel, makes the decision to bring it back in my wardrobe.
    Dutchy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I designed the pattern for handspun. I hope you give it a try; it should be beautiful. I love the darker natural shades.

      Delete
  2. I love this vest. Is there still a possibility of a knit-along for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'd like to have another one for myself. I don't think I'm going to get around to it in the near future, but perhaps sometime during the winter. In the meantime, you could try organizing something on Ravelry. Buttonbox was the subject of a class this summer at WEBS, the big yarn shop in the States.

      Delete