Tuesday, January 26, 2016

How Did I Forget?

Thanks to Sharon from Surrey, I've been reminded of a truly fantastic resource--Custom Woolen Mills. Years ago, while were still living in Wash, DC, but visiting Canadian universities, I purchased some 2-ply at Gaspereau Valley Fibres. Back home, I knitted a V-neck tunic for myself out of it, and then proceeded to wear that sweater to death. How could I have forgotten how wonderfully beautiful and soft that wool was? I think it's because here in Ontario, one doesn't seem to run across wool from Custom Woolen Mills. Rather, our shops stock Briggs and Little instead. For info about the wool CWM uses see here. Having had a good look at the company's website, my only difficulty lies in choosing what to purchase. Some of my choices:

1. Soft spun mule spinner 2-ply wool.
Mule Spinner 2-Ply 100% Wool - Skeins
2.  Mule spinner sock yarn.

Mule Spinner Sock Yarn
Mule Spinner 2-Ply 70% Alpaca - Skeins
4. Roving for spinning. Comes in all the same rich, heathered colours as the yarn. Yum!
We won't even go into the thrill of seeing all the breed specific rovings that are available, or other amazing products such as futon mattress stuffing, wool blankets, and hand-painted yarns. All in Canadian dollars. Be still my heart!