Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Purple

Here I am back at my computer after a brief interlude for a hysterectomy (in for surgery last Friday, home on Saturday). No need for anxiety--it was merely for the nuisance condition of prolapse. Appropriately enough, I arrived home on the day of the Women's March on Washington. Now, I'm pretty much back to normal. Laparoscopy is marvelous! And so is our health care system. All I did was show up with my health card. The surgery was performed at a teaching hospital three blocks from my house. No paperwork, no back and forth with insurance companies, no worrying about what aspects of my hospital stay would not be covered. I write this having spent 16 years in the Washington, DC area, during which time I was fortunate to be covered by relatively deluxe health insurance, courtesy of the IMF and World Bank. Nevertheless, the amount of time, energy, and money I devoted to dealing with the US healthcare system was staggering. Good luck, Mr. Trump with your attempts at improvement.
Before I gave up my lady parts, I worked rather frantically to get all the numbers crunched on the Fusion cardigan. I still don't have photos that I love, but there's time to solve that over the next little while. In the meantime, while it's grey and sleeting outside, here are some pics featuring the colour purple. Boy, do we need a shot of colour in this limestone city in the dead of winter!

The lavender barns at Closson Vineyards in nearby Prince Edward County.


Lower border of Fusion cardigan.
Underside of cuff, showing "seam" line.




A more subdued dose of purple in this version.

Better pics to come. Meanwhile proofreading in progress...