Sunday, July 12, 2020

Phew!

The heat wave is over. We've had a couple of cool, rainy days and it's hard to describe my relief. Energy has returned. I spent the day sewing a new York Pinafore in a shade of linen called "Driftwood", a sort of cool brown. Actually, it seems similar to the brown in the pinafore dress worn by Keira Knightly in the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. Don't ask how many York Pinafores I own. It's my year round uniform.
Here I am in my new (and already rumpled) pinafore wearing my new (and still buttonless) Willingdon.



The testers are hard at work. It's taking a bit longer than usual due to pandemic related slower mail order (for wool), as well as the enervating summer heat. Don't worry; it's all coming together.
Off now to cook dinner: McBitty's Black Bean Burgers ( I use onion instead of the dried porcini, which I rarely have on hand) + French carrot salad.


So lemony and refreshing.