Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Seeing Red

Biked over to Queen's University this morning to cheer for the Yarn Harlot's team in the Friends for Life Bike Rally. The cyclists trickled in one by one or in small groups, wearing their signature red dresses. It felt a little like the end of the cross country races James used to compete in back in high school, with applause for the competitors as they reached the end of the course. I worked on my new waistcoat while I watched from the shade under a nearby tree. The local news media were there to catch the action.


 Shyness didn't seem to be a problem for this crowd.  


I hope this cyclist was wearing sunscreen, and I don't want to think about the pain involved in peeling off the tape.


At last, Stephanie and her team turned the corner and glided to a stop, looking surprisingly fresh.



Go Yarn Harlot, go knitpower!