Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Join Me

I've organized an impromptu drop spindle class next Saturday from 11-1 at Rosehaven Yarns in Picton. Bill is going to a wine tasting event at the Crystal Palace and I'm the designated driver. I have time to kill and I'm going to do that with this class. If you've always wanted to learn how to make usable yarn this is your chance. I'll cover basic spinning of singles, as well as how get from there to plyed yarn using simple equipment like a ball winder and a shoebox kate. Everything will be demonstrated with lots of hands-on opportunities. Cost is $10 cash. Bring a top-whorl spindle with a notch if you have one. I'll bring a few extras to lend for the class. Call ahead to the shop at 613-476-9092 to let them know you're coming and whether you need to borrow a spindle from me.


See you there!
P.S. If you're coming from the east, the wine event is a big draw and makes for extra traffic and wait times at the Glenora ferry. Allow a bit of leeway. Still worth the wait, though, because it's much more scenic and relaxing than the alternatives.