Friday, June 12, 2020

Getting On with It

I know a lot of you have been waiting for the Willingdon cardigan.


I'm finally back to editing the pattern, which I actually wrote up back in March, before the lockdown. As usual, I'm knitting a different size from my own instructions before I pass the pattern on to testers. If you think you'd like to be a tester, please let me know through Ravelry. The wool I'm using is Cascade Eco+. The yardage calculations still await completion, but I can confidently say that up through size 40", only two skeins are required.


The blessedly cool weather, 16C, means that I'm actually wearing my grey Willingdon while working on the aqua version. When the weather heats up, my knitting tends to slow down or stop. No air conditioning here, other than the breezes off Lake Ontario. More than breezes blew in last week. Check out the marble-sized hail that fell out of the sky. Sorry for the fuzzy photo; I think I was in shock, as were the vehicle alarms that the storm set off up and down the street.


Now it's back to sunshine. The view from the window in front of my laptop is all lush June greenery.


I sent this photo to Isabel who is stuck in her California studio apartment, without ready access to Mother Nature. Please, let there be a vaccine in our future!