Saturday, March 19, 2022

On the Verge

Is an early spring a warning sign of a hotter than normal summer? I hope not. Anyway, here we are still in March and the robins and red wing blackbirds are back and the ice on the lake is on the verge of breakup. This was the view out toward Wolfe Island this afternoon. Without the sound of the open surf, the lake is eerily silent, holding its breath for what's coming.

Continuing on with the black, white, and grey scheme, here are three of my March makes. From left to right: 

  • Pants #1 from 100 Acts of Sewing, my favourite trouser pattern (note that even though I am 5'1", I always add an extra inch to these and they're still slightly above my ankles) in linen/cotton,
  • York Pinafore from Helen's Closet in yarn dyed linen check from Blackbird Fabrics (I've lost count of how many of these I've made),
  • Felicia dress from Tessuti Fabrics, an Australian company, in grey/blue linen from Pure Linen Envy.

Since a girl can't exist only in grey scale, I'm making a new Glenora in this bright turquoise Cascade Eco+. I think the colour, "Pacific", has been discontinued.

When it first arrived via mail order I thought it was overwhelmingly bright, but on this rainy day it looks just right!