Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just in Time

Perhaps scarves have been on my mind since watching the new BBC Sherlock Holmes. Benedict Cumberbatch certainly wins the prize for the most dashing wearer of scarves (apparently the episodes were filmed last winter during Britain's record-breaking cold snap). I knitted "Lucy", the companion scarf to "Tumnus" (both available free on Ravelry), while watching all three episodes, and finished it yesterday evening. Here it is in its unblocked state, looking unremarkable.


Unfortunately, the lustrous quality of the Green Mountain Spinnery "Sylvan Spirit" doesn't come across in my photos. I gave the newly finished scarf a bath in warm water and a little Eucalan,


and laid it out, stretching it a little, on a towel. By morning it was dry. This was the view out our bedroom window this morning when I checked on my new scarf.


Isabel is home from the University of Toronto, so I talked her into modelling "Lucy" on our third-floor deck. She tried out a couple of ways of wearing it.



                        





 With more snow on the way, it seems that I managed to get this bit of knitting done just in time!