Saturday, March 21, 2015

Out with the Old, In with the New

One of the sad things that happens in the yarn world is sometimes great yarns are discontinued. This is what has happened with Elann's Peruvian Highland Chunky. I loved it, and used it for both Harriet's Jacket and Petrova. Indeed, it was one of those great wools that could be knitted at two different gauges, firmly for Harriet, and slightly relaxed for Petrova. Well, it's gone now, so I'm making changes to the patterns with new yarn recommendations.
To celebrate the arrival of spring (OK, it's actually snowing outside, but over all things are getting better), I'm making myself a new Harriet in Quince & Co's "Osprey" in the colour Marsh, a rich olive green. For some reason, this jacket just looks so right in this colour. I hope to have it done by the end of April, when I will lend it out to Rosehaven Yarns for display at their booth at the Toronto Knitters' Frolic. Rosehaven will have Quince yarns at their booth,  and you can



 DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN FOR FREE any time from now until the end of March. This pattern has been a best-seller for me, especially in Europe for some reason. Enjoy!