Friday, October 22, 2021

Parking Lot Inspiration

Nothing new to show as Wheatsheaves slowly progresses, so here are a few pics taken this afternoon with my lamentably bad phone camera when Isabel and I visited the nearby Lemoine Point Conservation Area for a late fall walk.




It was an afternoon of milkweed fluff blowing in the wind, hundreds (I kid you not) of chipmunks, water views, and woodland paths, but not much in the way of fall colour. This year, the leaves seem to be drying up and dropping without their usual spectacular show. Still, it was a lovely chilly day and a great opportunity to wear the Yule tam and Bibliogloves, along with other assorted woollies. 

On our return to the parking lot we ran into a woman wearing an astoundingly beautiful fair isle pullover. Of course I had to ask what the yarn and pattern were. The yarn? Good old Kroy Sock in denimy hues. Never seen it in a sweater before. The pattern? Her own. I'm inspired.

Hope to have the lower border on Wheatsheaves done for my next post.