Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MIA

My blog has been "missing in action" for a few days. Actually, it's a sign of good things to come--several designs to be published--just nothing I can show right now. It's been a crazy week what with finishing up the taxes (the Canadian edition, at least), driving to Ottawa to pick up Isabel's U.S. passport, and organizing a trip to Belleville tomorrow so that Bill can visit the public health unit there for his pre-Rwanda shots and medication (the Kingston unit is booked for the next month and a half and heaven forbid that Bill should have planned far enough ahead to get it done here!) While in Ottawa, and recovering from the humiliation of emptying my pockets of used tissues at the American Embassy security clearance station, I popped across the street to gawk at Kaliyana. OK, I might even have tried on a few things there. Same in Westport on the way home, where I purchased a Cut Loose oversized linen shirt in the same moss green as my eyes.

Sorry for the odd-angled photo, looking down at the new shirt worn over Buttonbox.
Strange how I haven't knitted anything in this colour for eons. Must change that.
In addition to the "working" knitting, I've got a relatively mindless project on the go.


It's that time of year when I'm daydreaming of pale colours and sun-washed beaches. This is a new Perth cardi in loosely knitted fingering weight alpaca/merino/cashmere.


Elann has a sale on it right now, in case you feel like stocking up.