Saturday, February 7, 2015

February is for Fibonacci

I've been working diligently on the Fusion Cardigan. The waist shaping is done, and I'll have more to say about that in a later post. The problem? I'm at the point where all I'm doing is going round and round in a colour (or perhaps I should say "non-colour") called Glacier. Now, don't misunderstand. I love Glacier, or I wouldn't have chosen it as the main colour for this garment, and I especially love the way it sets off the colourwork border. It's just that endless Glacier in early February can get to a knitter. So, yesterday evening, whilst everyone else in the family was out having fun, I had my own little party in my living room, complete with "Death Comes to Pemberley", courtesy of Netflix, Lana Grossa's sock yarn in a colourway called "Aloha", and my pattern for the Fibonacci Neckerchief.



My camera and computer aren't doing justice to the brightness and liveliness of this colourway. It's a citrusy (is that a word?) colour explosion--the perfect cure for a morning when snow is slowly sifting down (yet again) from a grey sky.