Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Is for Colourwork

Here we are at the coldest, though happily not the darkest, month of the year. It's deep winter, and I always find that I need to knit in colour at this point to keep my spirits up. So, let me invite you to do the same. For the entire month of February, my Trellis Waistcoat pattern is FREE on Ravelry. Have you always wanted to try a steeked design, but were afraid to embark on an entire sweater? This project is less daunting, and its accompanying tutorials will walk you through the process without the bother of any sleeves (and the need to deal with stranded knitting on dpns). Plus you get to learn how to do tidy I-cord borders. The Kauni Effektgarn does most of the colourwork for you so you don't have to deal with a zillion ends. You can order it here. Only two balls needed for the two smaller sizes.






Now, go forth and knit colourfully!