Monday, March 1, 2021

Time Out

This post is a sort of time out from the Aran Project. "Sort of" because even though there are no new details on how to turn your swatches into a sweater, I have some pics of the pre- and post-blocking of the first few inches of my own cardigan.

First up, a photo of the cardigan being wet blocked to double check for size. You can see the opening at the front where the button band will go. I pinned it out to dry on the ironing board because it's a place where there's good air flow both above and below the piece. AT NO TIME WAS MY IRON INVOLVED IN THE BLOCKING.

Next up, the dried piece of knitting was back on the needles this morning, all smoothed out, soft, and lovely.

What to do while your knitting is blocking? Sewing, of course. Yesterday I drafted a pattern for dining room chair slipcovers, and somehow managed to knock out this Remy Raglan, my new favourite shirt pattern.

So pleased with how beautifully this hangs when worn, plus it's all French seamed so it's as gorgeous inside as out.

My next post will be part of the Aran project. The subject will be RIBBING.