Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Almost There

Considering the paltry amount of time I'm spending on this new Wheatsheaves cardigan, it's amazing that I've got this far.

In truth, if I gave this thing the attention it deserves, I could be done this evening. But, life intervenes. Meals need cooking, family members need drives to the train station, and leaves need raking (sort of, because most of them STILL haven't fallen -- climate change?)

I'm also putting some effort into making a few more of these.

The pattern for my favourite 3-layer mask with a filter pocket is here. You can now buy flexible metal clips, meltblown polypropylene filters, and comfortable mask elastic through many online sewing companies. Much easier than 18 months ago when we were all improvising these bits and pieces. I machine wash my masks and handwash the filters in lukewarm dish soap and water. 

Had the kids over for mid-day dinner on the weekend. Beautiful sunny late fall day, perfect for lingering over tea at the end of the meal.

Turns out the the paint colour on our dining room walls, Farrow and Ball's "Setting Plaster", has suddenly become popular with the interior design crowd this season. For once we were ahead of the curve!