Friday, December 17, 2021

An Oldie But Goodie

This afternoon I re-activated my Diamanda Mitts pattern. Why now? Well, as of yesterday we are the Omicron capital of Canada, perhaps North America. Yes, this has happened even though we had so few cases and deaths in the first three waves that we were featured in a PBS Newshour segment.

This is the view from the lineup at the Olympic Harbour Marina (1976 Olympic sailing venue) where I stood and waited for my booster jab. You can see the crane for hoisting boats in and out of the water.

 And the boats themselves...

Being on international waters, there are rules (in normal times) for entering Canada.

After all of that I feel a need for small, bright, cheerful knitting projects today, so here is the link to the mitts.


I wrote this pattern way back in my early days of designing patterns. I still love this "pink lemonade" colourway. I don't think this Ella Rae Classic is around anymore. Certainly not in Canada.

Happy knitting.