Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bowled Over

Dear Natalie,
                     When a package arrived in the post today, I thought, "Oh, good, it's the Loft I ordered last week from Brooklyn Tweed", until I realized that 10 skeins of Loft probably wouldn't fit into such a small space. Then I saw it was from you, and I ripped it open to find this.


It's a Hitchhiker scarf with a note saying that you had knit it for me after reading my Hitchhiker post a few weeks back. The yarn is Nyoni, from Fleece Artist, and I just read your post featuring this yarn yesterday. 
In your note, you wondered if the green was my type of green and it is, even more than the green that was in Isabel's scarf. I love the bluey-green striations and the just-bright-enough glow of the lighter bits.


No one has knit anything for me since I was a kid, and I'm so, so touched. Thank you.