Sunday, September 19, 2021

A New Ellerbeck

I noticed last winter that I wasn't wearing Ellerbeck much, and after some thought realized it was because the fullness in the body felt a little too exaggerated. So, over the last couple of weeks I re-drafted and re-knitted the lower body. Instead of 10 sets of 4 increases over 28 rows, the new version has 7 sets of 4 increases over 25 rows. While I was at it, I added an extra set of short rows to the lower back of the sweater and cleaned up a few typos. The pattern is now available again on Ravelry. I still need to weave in the ends on my new sweater, but as soon as that is done and everything blocked, I promise photos of me in the new version. 

Fall is a season for changes. Goodbye sickly yellow, hello to Benjamin Moore's Constellation in my bedroom.

I was worried that I might not be able to reach the top of our 10' walls, but even someone who is 5'1" can manage it with a tall enough ladder. High of 23C today, very low humidity. September is perfect painting weather!