Thursday, April 28, 2011

Faux Ocean

Massive storm today with 100 km/hr winds.We lost power for the early part of the afternoon, so I knitted and listened to an audiobook on my new toy, an iPod Touch. I tried not to think about how much I wanted a nice cup of tea. By 3:00 the power was back on. I heard from someone on the radio that the Wolfe Island ferry crossing was taking 10 minutes longer than usual and that passengers were feeling seasick. Around 4:00, Isabel and I fought our way through the wind down to the shore to see the waves.


















On the way back through the park, we stopped to take a look at the "big bike" being used for fund-raising this week by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Crazy fun, especially in the gale.


Bill is picking up James and his things in Toronto this afternoon. They'll be home tonight. Yay!