Sunday, August 10, 2014

Flotsam and Jetsam

It's Sunday, so that means I'm taking care of a lot of "housekeeping" tasks. I don't refer to actual cleaning, but to paper work, bill paying, and the once-a-week tidy-up of our library/studio. Throughout the week, and particularly at the start of a new design, when I'm looking at a lot of books and pulling out different yarns from my stash, things tend to get somewhat chaotic. From what I've read, that's a good thing, a sign of a creative mind at work, but at a certain point, it's necessary to clear the decks to make way for fresh work and new ideas. Now that my new cardigan is safely launched on the needles, I've been spending the afternoon sorting through the layers of stuff on the desk, chairs, and floor. I'd forgotten about this purchase of some knot-shaped buttons.


Also, I'd put aside these mitts, my take on the classic Newfoundland Mitts, convinced I didn't like how they were turning out.


That's Ella Rae Classic Heather for the main colour, with some handspun inside the "windows". Now that I've just ripped the dpns out, I'm having second thoughts, and might just put them back into production. Proof that one should never frog anything too quickly!