Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Purple Pembroke

And now for the second make of 2021 -- sort of. I started this Pembroke so long ago I can't even remember whether it was last winter or summer. I'd knit a few rows while watching something on my computer in the evenings, then put it aside because a) whatever I was watching demanded my full attention (I'm not one of those knitters able to knit in the dark), or b) I was too tired at the end of the day.

Here's my new Pembroke in a Malabrigo merino sock yarn, shown with my purple Wiksten tunic. The scarf is squishably soft and long enough to go around my neck twice. And yes, if you look closely in the background you'll notice chipping paint around the window frame. It's one of those jobs that's waiting for next spring when I can open up the windows again. 

I encourage you to have a look here at all the gorgeous and imaginative Pembrokes that knitters have posted onto Ravelry. The best part of designing something simple is seeing how it takes off in so many interesting directions.