Saturday, October 6, 2012

Milkweed

On this Thanksgiving weekend, what am I thankful for?
I'm thankful to live in a neighbourhood where our local public school looks like this:

Sydenham Elementary School
I'm thankful that some parents and/or teachers put up this sign,


and planted this little garden full of native plants.

Michaelmas daisies, blowing in the wind.
Milkweed pods, not yet opened.


I'm thankful for the red maple leaves lining the sidewalk beside Sydenham United Church this afternoon, where a wedding was in progress.


I'm thankful that Wakefield is coming along, albeit slowly and that it'll be ready to wear by this time next week. Here it is with the first sleeve in progress.


That's the new shawl collar at the bottom left. Here's another view of the collar, across the back of the neck, which now has some nice shaping, and


here's the perpendicular join between the sleeve and the body. This is a main feature of the design and so much fun to work!


Of course, I'm thankful for many other more important things, but sometimes it's the little ones that really make life amazingly good.