Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fibonacci, v.2

Back to bright sunshine, but windy and quite cool, 17C (61F). Without the heat on, the house is starting to feel cool enough that I'm thinking of dragging wool socks out of my drawer. I'm sitting here wearing my burgundy Perth Cardi and a down vest. Come to think of it, if I wear socks, I probably won't need the vest. You know how when your feet are warm, the rest of you is so much warmer too? I'm waiting for a workman to arrive and knitting up a second Fibonacci, this time in a sock yarn with a size US # 4/ 3.5mm needle. Not sure what the finished size will turn out to be.




As you can see, the colour is a rich mix of teals. I picked it up on my yarn crawl last week and it's from here.


Wakefield, a village in Quebec, just north of Ottawa, is unfortunately suffering the fate of many other quaint towns in the U.S. and Canada as it finds itself within the reach of urban sprawl. In the last few years, there's been clear cutting of old growth forest to make way for an enlarged highway and development that threatens a community spring. I have happy memories of visiting Orme's bakery there as a child and munching on raisin buns on the way back to our summer cottage. It's good to see a small studio like this taking off and I'm happy to support it. I'm about to embark on a revamped version of the Wakefield Jacket, as soon as an order of Shelter arrives. (There was a little snafu at Brooklyn Tweed regarding its shipment, but it's been straightened out.) Do you think I have time to finish it in time for Rhinebeck?